Imagine a means to store electricity as green hydrogen for the load levelling of national grids, while also supplying energy for commercial vans and heavy duty trucks. Fuel cells provide a way to convert hydrogen gas into electricity, but on their own they do not represent a solution. The way forward is with hydrogen batteries, as the beating heart of the Smartnet™ dual-fuel infrastructure.
of the calls in the pipeline (some in draft form), or at least part of those
calls, appears to be looking for a SmartNet™
versatile solution are listed below.
HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-08: Coordination of large-scale initiative on future battery
technologies (Batteries Partnership)
Type of Action Coordination and Support Actions
Expected Outcome: Project results are expected to contribute to all of the following expected
• Well-coordinated European research initiative on future battery technologies gathering
• Spreading of excellence in future battery technologies across Europe, increased awareness
• Increased synergies and collaboration between the relevant research and innovation
Scope: This call topic aim to network and coordinate the BATTERY 2030+ large scale research
Proposals are expected to coordinate the research activities and the stakeholders participating
In particular, proposals should identify and coordinate relevant efforts for modelling and data sharing, standardisation, intellectual property rights in cooperation with other relevant initiatives at European level.
They should also help networking and collaboration with other relevant national and international activities in the field. They should cooperate with Batteries Europe, the ETIP on battery announced in the EU Strategic Action Plan on Batteries.
It is expected that such an activity is driven by representatives of the relevant actors of the field
This topic implements the co-programmed European Partnership on ‘Towards a competitive
• HORIZON-CL5-2021-D2-01-08: Emerging technologies for a climate neutral Europe
• HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-01-05: Energy Sector Integration: Integrating and combining energy systems to a cost-optimised and flexible energy system of systems
• HORIZON-CL5-2021-D5-01-01: Nextgen vehicles
• HORIZON-CL5-2021-D5-01-03: System approach to achieve optimised Smart EV Charging and V2G flexibility in mass-deployment conditions (2ZERO)
• HORIZON-CL5-2021-D6-01-08: New delivery methods and business/operating models to green the last mile and optimise road transport
• HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-05: Next generation technologies for High-performance and safe-by-design battery systems for transport and mobile applications (Batteries Partnership)
• HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-08: Coordination of large-scale initiative on future battery
• HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-11: CIVITAS 2030 – Coordination and support for EU
If anyone wants to form a consortium for an application (as lead perhaps) we'd be more than pleased to contribute the IP and flatpack and Universal Cartridge designs, on confirmation of funding grant. If commercial EV OEM car, van or truck makers joined, that would make a very solid consortium, though not essential, as the proposed Smartnet™ system is dual fuel, as well as load levelling - an international hydrogen and electricity supply network.
LINKS & REFERENCE
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
Copyright © Climate Change Trust & Universal Smart Batteries 2021. Solar Studios, BN271RF, United Kingdom.